JENNIE D. BLAKE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
32 Crescent Street
HILL, NEW HAMPSHIRE 03243
Phone: 603-934-2245 FAX: 603-934-3079
"RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY AND SAFETY"
JDBS OFFICE HOURS:
7:15 AM - 3:15 PM
The 30,000 PAGES CHALLENGE!
The academic benefits of reading for fun outside of the regular school day are immeasurable. Therefore JDB is happy to announce the 30,000 PAGES CHALLENGE. If the students of JDB work together to read a total of 30,000 pages between November 1 and June 5 they will be treated to a pizza lunch.
The Rules for the Challenge
1. Every JDB student must participate in the challenge for the challenge to be successfully met. Students in kindergarten may log books read with a parent/guardian.
2. All reading must be done at home. Reading during the school day will not count towards the 30,00 pages. However, school assigned books that are read at home may count towards the 30,000 pages.
3. Students must log the number of pages read on the log sheet provided to them.
4. A parent/guardian must sign the log sheet to verify that the reading was completed.
5. The challenge begins November 1, 2014 and ends June 5, 2015.
PTO Family Movie Night - November 7 - 6:00 PM
Please see the JDB PTO web page for information about a new and easy fundraiser through the My Coke Rewards program.
Picture retake day is December 3.
Don't forget to set your clocks back 1 hour on Saturday night November 1.
Plymouth State University T.I.G.E.R. Program
On November 10 from 6:00PM-7:30PM there will be a TIGER Parent/Guardian workshop at Franklin Middle School covering the topic of bullying. This is a free event, refreshments will be served. This event is sponsored by the Franklin Middle School PTO. Thank you to the FMS PTO for inviting the parents/guardians of JDBS to this event.
JDB Holiday Concert will be Tuesday, December 16th
with a snow date of December 19th.
The concert will start at 6:00 PM.
2014-15 Bus Schedule
PTO is collecting UPC labels, cell phones and ink cartridges as a fundraiser. Please bring in empty ink cartridges and unused cell phones. There is a collection box for these items in the lobby of the school.