JENNIE D. BLAKE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
32 Crescent Street
HILL, NEW HAMPSHIRE 03243
Phone: 603-934-2245 FAX: 603-934-3079
"RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY AND SAFETY"
JDBS OFFICE HOURS:
7:15 AM - 3:15 PM
Happy Thanksgiving from JDB!
Thanksgiving Break - Nov. 26-28
Day Care Survey
We are frequently called by parents/guardians regarding day care providers in the community of Hill. The school is not able to endorse a provider, however, we can help parents/guardians obtain information about day care services. Below is a link to a quick survey regarding day care services in Hill. This survey is not being conducted by the school, it is being conducted by a community member in the planning stages of opening a day care. If interested please take a few minutes to take the survey.
Click here for survey
The JDB Holiday Concert is December 16 at 6:00PM. The snow date is December 19 at 6:00PM.
At the concert the PTO will conduct several fundraisers including a bake sale, a silent auction and a basket raffle. Each JDB grade (or combined grades) selects a theme for their basket. Parents/guardians are respectfully requested to donate items to the baskets for the raffle. Please send in items to your student's classroom teacher by December 12. The themes for each class are listed below.
Kindergarten and Grade 3 - Snow Day Basket
Grade 1 - Dish Towels
Grade 2 - Arts and Crafts
Grade 4 - Baking
Grades 5 and 6 - Chapter Books
The 30,000 PAGES CHALLENGE!
The academic benefits of reading for fun outside of the regular school day are immeasurable. Therefore JDB is happy to announce the 30,000 PAGES CHALLENGE. If the students of JDB work together to read a total of 30,000 pages between November 1 and June 5 they will be treated to a pizza lunch.
The Rules for the Challenge
1. Every JDB student must participate in the challenge for the challenge to be successfully met. Students in kindergarten may log books read with a parent/guardian.
2. All reading must be done at home. Reading during the school day will not count towards the 30,00 pages. However, school assigned books that are read at home may count towards the 30,000 pages.
3. Students must log the number of pages read on the log sheet provided to them.
4. A parent/guardian must sign the log sheet to verify that the reading was completed.
5. The challenge begins November 1, 2014 and ends June 5, 2015 or when the 30,000 page and 100% participation rate goals are reached.
After only three weeks 9,639 pages have been read and 71% of JDB students have participated!
Thank You to the Blazing Star Grange #71 of Danbury, NH for the donation of dictionaries to Grade 3!
Please see the JDB PTO web page for information about a new and easy fundraiser through the My Coke Rewards program.
Picture retake day is December 3.
JDB PTO 5K ROAD RACE/WALK -- May 16, 2015
Please click on the link below for a registration form and for more information.
Click here for more info/registration form
JDB Holiday Concert will be Tuesday, December 16th
with a snow date of December 19th.
The concert will start at 6:00 PM.
PTO is collecting UPC labels, cell phones and ink cartridges as a fundraiser. Please bring in empty ink cartridges and unused cell phones. There is a collection box for these items in the lobby of the school.